Thursday, September 12, 2013

Class Journal of Why I Go To College

"Why are you here?" It's easy to make a blatant remark as to how I came to existence (horrible when a dad loves a mom joke here) but a tad more difficult to answer respectively. I can't do the latter but I suppose the second best way to go about this would be to elaborate on what lead me to attending college here, what my current career path is looking like, and my hopes for the entire experience.
Not-so-shamefully, my reasons for going to school at Rose State aren't super spectacular. In fact, there aren't even multiple reasons. I practically started solely because the road to my career is long and paved with debt so anything to alleviate the stress of that is quite welcome. The Tick(et) to Rose is very helpful since my family isn't what one would call "well off". After that, the only other reason I could muster up is that the school is less than five minutes away from my house. It's great to save time, gas, and a little rest. Though enrolled primarily to save money, that isn't to say I'm reluctant to be here. I'm perfectly content with making things as simple as they can be.
The aforementioned career that plans to wreck my savings is being a radiologist. That is in no way set in stone, despite being weaved into the interweb.  For now I'm starting pre-med and will probably just be a doctor of internal medicine until I decide what I want to specialize in, if anything at all. However, there's still the unlikely event that I'll be young and change my mind altogether. I'm pretty decent at most things, so I'll keep my options open.

Probably the first journal I wrote. Safe to say that when typing this at the end of the semester that I would be happy to get my basics done.

No comments:

Post a Comment