Sunday, September 29, 2013

Limsa Lominsa, Eorzea

Truly a spectacle. What a marvelous, prosperous port we live in. Robust maritime trade routes keep Limsa Lominsa bustling with excitement, being a hub for pirates helps too. I don't stake a claim in either of those occupations but I'm forever grateful that they helped me arrive in such a lovely place. Before I found my way here, I was struggling to make ends meet on islands in the seas south of Limsa Lominsa. We Lalafell are tiny, modest people, that bear a semblance to human toddlers, and lead a lifestyle maintained by agriculture. Sadly, our harvests in the last umbral moon haven't been bountiful. About the time when our crops were yielding all time lows, I had fallen asleep (or passed out from fatigue) in a barrel that found its way onto a cargo ship whose goods were purloined by some unsavory mariners in need of quick coin. They wouldn't have hesitated to cut me from navel to neck had they found me stowed away, but thankfully Serendipity is a kind mistress and I safely found myself awakening behind a more than surprised merchant's wares. Once his nerves settled and he realized I wasn't an adolescent, he was kind enough show me around the city intricate planning. It's buildings and market streets are built atop of pillars of stones that are connect by wooden bridges and consists of three levels, the shore and beach included. I'm typically fishing on the docks by the ocean before the sun has risen then peddling my catch on the second level market place in the mornings when townsfolk begin to stir. Typically. I'm still given to napping in barrels on occasion and sometimes find myself daydreaming of becoming an adventurer. You might argue I've already ventured, having found my way here as pirate loot and all, but I seek a thrill much greater than selling fish. Can you blame me? Have you never felt like you were destined for something greater than your skin? I might not be akin to sages and swordsman but you could never dampen the fire that fuels my ambition for greatness. I know not what deeds would achieve me knighthood, only that I hope my good intentions and righteous actions of the present and future would lead me to a wealth and regal authority that could not be surmounted by the failures of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment