Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Dancer

I've been secretly dancing (in private) everyday for the last four years. It started out to prove that it was foolish and displeasing but I found myself unusually given to the act. I then began practicing dancing on my own. A few friends danced too, and we danced together sometimes, but overall I found it more relaxing and enjoyable to do in my spare time. It was relieving; alleviated me from most stresses. I was too cool for dancing before and was the embodiment of an ice cube, but once I started it watered me down till I drifted abound and found the beauty of basking in its sunlight. I don't legitimately mean everyday, obvi a hyperbole. Hip words, dancing makes you say 'em. But really. Everyday, all day, would burn me out, make me a burn out weirdo dance addict, and would be unproductive if I lived and breathed dance. It's just easier to say everyday since the days I don't are few and far between. Like I said though, my days aren't a daze of dance. I dance then proceed to do other activities. It's practice. Practice makes perfect, right? We all just want to be perfect, and dancing makes me feel perfect. I wake up, shower, eat if I'm hungry, dance, eat a snack, go to class, come home, do a little dance, play some games or music or tv, dance dance, eat dinner with my family, dawdle, brush my teeth, wash my face, do a jig then fall asleep. Of course since I'm an all-american teen, painful to type even in the most tongue-in-cheek sense, I refresh my social media feed, hangout with my friends at random moments of the day but those aren't guaranteed on the daily. I've made myself a rut, and the monotony has yet to strike me as monotonous. What's that? Dancing that much isn't normal and my parents might be worried? It's fine, they see my accomplishments and sincerity. Besides, they know. Don't be such a dweeb. There's much more wisdom and moderation than I portray, I promise. I just don't know the words to say that would properly convey the convictions I know to be true. I don't know what to say to convince anyone of what I believe. If there's a goblet of the right words lying about, I please hand it to me.
I am so thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment