Sunday, November 10, 2013

Avoid the Noid

That might seem like meaningless rubbish to most but it is actually a goal that must be attained by all former and current employees of Domino's Pizza. The Noid is a ridiculous looking man clad in a red, skin-tight, rabbit eared suit with a cheesy black "N" insignia in the middle of a white circle that is centered on his chest. This figure was a physical manifestation of all the challenges of becoming annoyed (uh-"noyed" = Noid) that are inherent in working, as Wikipedia as told me. I've tried to remove him from the workplace, mostly because I've removed myself from that insufferable place after two and a half years of employment, and apply him to pretty much every aspect of life. Because why worry? Life is what you make it. Take time to relax and assess things from a clear perspective. If you can't, don't worry or be annoyed. Just be done with it and revisit it later with a different perspective and perhaps a different understanding of the situation. I haven't done this yet because every time I think I've got a moment of recess it seems I lose my fingers, but I do intend to expand my nexus in the near future. It might be a trying process but nothing with meaning is easy, is it? I don't know how else to elaborate on that, or how I would've left this line blank without this sentence.

I don't read or check for the amount of words in these journal entries usually, but I got less than halfway through this one and noticed about 50 words. This is one of the shortest pieces I've written and I don't think it's too much to assume that it's already 200 words. That makes plenty of these other posts very silly in length, and probably waste of my time. I'll allow it, though, because it's surprisingly calming to write all of this dreck. Finding the voice in your head and permitting it to flourish is a pleasant sensation. Not that there's multiple voices. I only mean that crafting and working on your own individual is fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment