Sunday, December 1, 2013

1,440 Minutes of Fog

*waking up for the first time*
It's about 7:45ish, and I'm awake to move my car so my mom could go to work (quite redundant but is my morning routine) and there is a noticeable mist. Or fog. Isn't very thick so I'd consider it a mist, but it also might be silly of me to think that the thickness would be the difference between the two. Either way, I haven't seen clouds on the ground in a cool minute and I don't plan to spend my morning wondering how to differentiate between fog and mist. Back to bed. 

*waking up about noon*
No mist. No fog. No real importance. Menial chores and errands to be done, sustenance to be consumed.
Nothing of real value to be recorded for a few hours (not like the rest of these entries or stories are, though)

*leaving my house for no particular reason at 6ish*
Ahh, the ol' mist is back. Still not too dense, but yet everyone is driving like there is kangaroos in the streets. Terrible idiom. Or simile. I know it's a simile but not sure what qualifies an idiom. Uncertainty will end me.
Anyhow, I'm at my destination now.

*leaving destination*
This is stupid. Cursing stupid. I hope someone's God damns this fog. Yes, fog. It is no longer mist; it is easily thick and tangible enough that by any definition it is a fog. I can't even see thirty feet forward to the stoplight. I hate everything. If there are other vehicles, or worse marsupials, on these roads, I would be none the wiser. There could even be pirates. I've seen the movie this stuff is named after, and pirates will soon fill this city as much as the fog itself has... luckily we're landlocked, and thankfully I have my wits about me to remember this. I'm really hungry but also really scared of dying (not of pirates, but of other fog drivers) so I think I'll take refuge in my abode.



...and that's the tale of how a day of fog almost killed me, but it dissipated and I decided not to commit suicide.
obviously written in retrospect and not while operating my votor mehicle

No comments:

Post a Comment